5.9.12

I am going to attempt to post the prayer needs updates to my blog posts so that anytime you want to come and check what my prayer needs are, you have two options to find them. The new option will be to look to the categories listed over there on your right hand sidebar, and click “health updates.” Here’s my update for today:

5-9-12: Things seem to be looking up. My energy and appetite seem to be on the upswing again, though we have a ways to go in both departments.  I am very thankful that I am dealing with very little pain if any these days. I am having some neck and lower back pains which are not directly related to the cancer, but that’s about all in terms of pain. My current prayer needs remain basically the same:

1. That the current drugs will rid my body of cancer cells!
2. That I will have no significant side effects to the new drugs
3. For my energy and appetite to continue to improve
4. That this body rash will go away. I am going on 6 weeks of dealing with it now. Hopefully, steroid treatment is in my very near future (as in, next week near.)

As always, I can’t thank you enough for your prayers for me. I know that my current improvement is directly related to your petitions that my appetite and energy would improve.

7 Responses to “5.9.12”

1. Debra Hollins May 14, 2012 at 7:54 pm #

Thank you, I needed reminding of God’s long arm. He’s pretty awesome, isn’t He?!

2. Lisa Hines May 10, 2012 at 1:02 am #

First- WOW- what a little David God is turning you into! It is amazing how during your struggle you are helping others to see just how powerful God really is shouldn’t we be doing that for you?! I too had began to think well maybe He doesn’t answer those amazing bold prayers anymore.I loved your call to boldness and big faith… this lady in this workout workout video I do always screams “Go Big or Go Home!” I think God has been saying that to you to yell back to us the same sentiment.. and through his Word 😉 Tonight before really your blog I read in John 11. Jesus is being told about Lazarus how he is sick, and his sisters would like him to come help him. Jesus waited two days, after explaining to his disciples that yes, he knew Lazarus wasn’t just sleeping but dead he explained to them he was going now so that they may believe. Next he runs into Mary and after explaining to her to her that anyone who believes him wont’ die, he asks her “Do you believe?”. This amazing passage about Jesus seeking to develop the belief and faith of those closest to him to give them the opportunity to see God glorified through Lazarus being raised. So your call to raise up our anemic and short sighted idea of God’s power challenges me and helps in developing my belief that he can do now just has He always has. Pretty cool!
    Also so excited you appetite is returning! I prayed this morning out here on the west coast for that very thing with my little 10 almost 11 month son. I figured God didn’t set an age limit on the Matt 18:20 “where two or three are gathered in my name there I am with him” verse. Cyrus smiled as I prayed and held his hands 🙂 Continue posting, we’ll keep praying – your fellow Belmont alum

3. Janelle May 9, 2012 at 8:30 pm #

Indeed, I was praying for you this morning that God would give you energy and strength to enjoy this day. God is good and he cares about the small things too! Blessings for many good days ahead!
    Janelle

4. Michele Housley May 9, 2012 at 11:29 am #

So very glad to hear things are looking up for you and your family. You are an amazing soldier for Christ…you bless me every time I read a post. My prayers are God heals your body completely and rids you of those terrible, helpless feelings. Always remember how AMAZING you are…..Love you, honey…Michele

5. Elaine Wright May 9, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Praying, Sara.

6. Larry Skelton May 9, 2012 at 10:57 am #

Dear Lord, Please cause all of the cancer cells to leave Sara’s body, please restore her appetite and not allow any side effects to happen due to the drugs she is taking. Please Father take away this rash from her body. Thank you for all that you do. In the Name above all Names we pray.

7. Yolanda Pound May 9, 2012 at 10:45 am #

Sweet Sara,

Glad to hear your encouraging news about your health today. As always, continued prayers for you!!

Your Sister in Christ